As a person who loves to travel, I'm always looking for inspiration on where to go next, what to see or things to do around the world. There are tons of travel quotes out there but when I've needed some real inspiration these are the ones that have really woken up my inner wanderlust. I hope they can do the same for you. Enjoy!
1. “Not all those who wander are lost” - J.R.R. Tolkien
2. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all” - Helen Keller
3. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness” - Mark Twain
4. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote: To Travel is to Live” - Hans Christian Anderson
5. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later” - Randy Komisar
6. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” - Augustine of Hippo
7. "Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” - Unknown
8. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
9. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
11. “You’re off to great places, today is your day…Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!” - Dr. Seuss
12. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes
13. "Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living” - Miriam Beard
14. “I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list.” - Susan Sontag
15. “I have an insane calling to be where I’m not” - Unknown
16. “Travel as much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.” – Unknown
17. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it’s lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
18. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
What are some of your favorite travel quotes that you use for inspiration? Let us know in the comments!
Follow the Fun on Social Media!
Follow the Fun on Social Media!
Hey there! My name is Edgar, half of Couple of Roamers. Couple of Roamers was born in 2016 after my wife, Laurie, and I decided to sell our house and belongings in order to travel overseas for 6 months. Read More
Weekend to Wander website contains affiliate links which at no extra cost to the reader, we may receive a commission on any purchases made through these links. Thank you for your support!